Here are a few sketches of the editorial shoot and how I plan to style the shoot . All the accessories are handmade by myself . This image references :
- Mursi tribe through the use of circular shapes in the hair and around the neck.
- Scarification which is present in many tribes that I have research
- Kayapo tribe through the body painting
- Ceramics through the scarification pattern and hair and fullers earth
- Sing Sing through the feathers in the necklace.
- Naomi Filmer metal necklace .
For the hair I took inspiration from the shapes of Ceramic pots , I like how the handles are the hair and this made me think of designing a hair style to reflect this .
The clothing is simple as most of the tribes that I have research have worn very little clothing and I felt if I added colour in the top it would take away from the statement necklaces .
This is the face chart for the Editorial shoot .