Sunday 2 December 2012

Ernst Haeckel

After researching Marios Schwab collection I found that the collection had been hevily influenced by artist Ernst Haeckel , his work is so beautiful and I am so pleased that I found this work .


l_ophiodea_70_astrophyton_darwinium.jpg
Ernst used his knowledge in biology , zoology and many other things to create a collection of beautiful images . Although this is not entirely tribal the patterns which are produced are from natural forms , which are in the natural habitats of the tribal communities .
Image found : http://www.blog.designsquish.com/images/uploads/microcosms-and-macrocosms-in-ernst-haeckel-drawings-2_thumb.jpg
 This reminds me of a basket which has been created by weaved bamboo , it fascinates me that this is a in depth drawing of a natural form. The detail that has been captured make me wonder what we miss by not looking close enough . This also could reflect in my shoot as there could be more to the image than at first glance, such as small details in the hair and accessories
Image found: http://krisbunda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/9-Haeckel_Hexacoralla.jpg
I would like to use the detailed images in my future drawings , I believe if i look into the animals that surround the tribes that I have been researching I would get some amazing patterns.
Image found : http://cdnimg.visualizeus.com/thumbs/c9/3c/art,biology,drawings,geology,haeckel,science-c93c9cfc9fc33ed7c80db8c7bb2c4198_h.jpg
These drawings remind me of the habitats that the tribal communities live in and it is clear how they have evolved using the animals in their environments .

No comments:

Post a Comment